Do I start with talking about his astonishing debut in Hamburg during the Reeperbahn-Festival 2008, where I almost accidentally stumbled right into the middle of his musical cosmos of “love, sex and beauty”?
Do I begin with doting on the unique Hasenschaukel with its lampshades made of dolls, its ever-burning fireplace, beautifully tiled ceilings and tasteful turn-of-the-century furnishings that simply make you want to spend time there?
Or do I declare the angelic hymns of Moto Boy to be the ultimate autumn-soundtrack everyone should include into their seasonal music-almanac?
I am not sure. It almost seems like I would have to get metaphysic to do the evening justice. I would have to claim some sort of magical vibration of beauty in order to account for the wonderful atmosphere of the concert; to explain the hushed awe of the audience in face of Moto Boy’s magnificent falsetto and shiny heavy-metal guitar; to rationalize the frolic enjoyment of the handsome Swede himself, who constantly teased the audience with a hilarious fake German accent and (quite disappointingly) informed his listeners that “Ride My Wild Whore” was not the correct song title, but rather “Ride My Wild Heart” (and I can assure you that it gets exceedingly difficult to sincerely listen to a love-song while simultaneously considering the change of meaning that might be caused by replacing every “heart” with “whore”…).
But I am not the kind of person to believe in metaphysics. I just believe in music. And Moto Boy offered the sweetest kind of it. Simply beautiful.

No comments:
Post a Comment